Muralidaran is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Emailing the available attahcment in table using macro.

Hi everyone...
    Good day!!!
    I have question regarding the attachment in Access 2010.
    I have a table name called NewJobsTbl and i have column for attaching some pdf drawings to it at the time when we receive the Fabrication drawings in PDF format.

Now my requirement is when i am releasing the particular job for fabrication i will update the PO release date and from there i have created a macro that works after updating the records and the PO release column has today's date it will send send an email to the concerns mentioning the job release.

I am utilizing this for the past 2 months and some of my staffs they are asking for the fabrication drawing along with that mail then i am started doing the both the things, first when i update the date macro will send an mail, and i will write a personal mail using outlook attaching with that fabrication drawing.

Is there any way to forward the available attachment with that particular record along with the mail which has been created by the macro.

Your support will help me a lot and thanks in advance and sorry i am not attaching the sample database since web site doesn't allow me to load file size 650 kb.

Regards
    Ram.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Windows Compression zip of 2mb allowed.

I don't know if an item from attachment field can be extracted and attached to email. Sounds difficult. Not finding any code for that. It would be easy to attach an external file to the email.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Muralidaran is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Dear June7,
    As i have mentioned i just wanted to attach the particular attachment through the macro, i do know that i can attach it manually in outlook, is there any chance for that?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Is the attachment from an attachment field in Access table?

I don't use macros, only VBA. I have code that attaches an external file to an email. Review http://forums.aspfree.com/microsoft-...ro-447084.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.