Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    djclntn is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    The Wholesaler db is sort of like a distributor that distributes (or sells) vehicles to various dealers.

You asked me why do I have multiple 'dealerships' dbs which I thought to have had explained in my last thread. Having individial 'dealerships' dbs allows me to brach out & assign 'SaleRep' & 'Cuustomers' per Vehicle. However, I'm considerating just doing awaywith the individual 'dealership' dbs & just working with the 'Wholesalers' dbs. I don't like how the Vehicles Tables are linked.

Might I attempt to send to you the 'Wholesaler' dbs & one of my 'dealerships' dbs?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Certainly, provide whatever files you want to for analysis.

I just don't understand the rationale for a bunch of db files for the same application.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Within this zip file contains the Wholesale db & one of my dealership dbs. I have the indiv dealership vehicle tbl linked to the wholesalers db when I want it to be reverse. You'll see when you open the Vehicles table in the indiv dealership it cannot be modified.

Note, it might be good if you uncheck off "Show Hidden Objects" if it isn't already
    Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

June,

Disregard whatr I seent to you, the Tables aren'tlinked, give me an half hour if you will.

I think this is right
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is online now VIP
    I reviewed the two projects. Everything works properly for the current arrangement. The only table linking is done in the MediaMotors db. It has a link to Vehicles table in VictoryUsedCarsWholesales db and a link to ZipCode db not in the compressed file. Of course cannot edit Vehicles table in MediaMotors, it is a link. MediaMotors does not have a Vehicles table, it has only a link to VictoryUsed. I opened VictoryUsedCars and edited the Vehicles tables.

If you want Victory linking to Media then the table needs to be in Media.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Hi June,

FYI, I decided to bag the Wholesalers dbs & just deal directly with the indiv dealers. I doubt if you recall, within my indiv dealers Vehicles also contained all of thCustomer Finance/flds -- it just was too complicated for me.

I need to asked another ? with Combo Boxes. Say in a sub form you have Combo Boxes from other forms, but you want the Combo Boxes changed back to text boxes? Is there any easy way this can be done without creating new Forms?

BTW, if you see a lot of typos in this post or future post my keyboard went on mky Notebook computer & I had someone velcro a stand keybroad on top of my Notebook cmp & it's challenging in getting use to...

June7 is online now VIP
    There is no need to create a new form just to modify controls. Create and remove controls at will.

Change a control to another type: form in design view, select control, right click, Change To, select type.

June7 is online now VIP
    Wait, unless you used the Form wizard to build form. The wizard will group controls and then it is hard to edit. Can't individually resize and move controls. Select all controls, right click > Layout > Remove. I seldom use the wizards and if I do I always remove this layout grouping.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.