roar58 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Sub report of a complex query/report

To June 7 - Hi!
    Referring to the thread https://www.accessforums.net/showthr...age-of-a-total in the queries, we have had a longer process in developing a rather complex report. Do you think, now that you know the excact layout of the report, it is possible to make a subreport that can do the job without me having to redesign it all the time - when I enter the datas of a new group?

I have outlined an alternative - just to enter the MaxHours in a data field when entering the datas. This would perhaps be the easiest way now, but it will be an alternative that may be the source of errors when entering datas. But if you think I should consider a subreport to produce the totals for each city, I would start to work on it. As I have said, I think the MaxHours of each group will be the hardest thing to take care of - because I cannot redesign the report all the time for an ever increasing number of groups.

Greetings, Roar58

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Because you will have so many Group values, I suggest you proceed with design of subreport. Think grouping order would be City > Group > Student (in Detail), which is basically the model represented by the last calcs in example project. Beyond that, not sure how to set up calcs.

When you encounter specific issue post a question.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.