Robeen is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Trouble Printing Report on User Machine.

Hi,
    I have a Dymo Label Printer which I tested an application with on my development laptop and the labels [2.25" / 7"] printed just fine.
    When I print the same label report on the User's machine, only a small part of the content prints on the bottom half of the leftmost quarter of the label - leaving the rightmost 3/4 of the label blank.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?
    It looks like I need to 'tell' the Printer on the user's machine that I am using a 2.25" / 7" label - but I don't see where I can specify that.
    That label size specification is already made in the Access Front End that I am copying to the user's machine.
    I'd appreciate any help.
    Thanks!
    Robeen

Robeen is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I was able to figure out the problem.

The accdb front end did not carry over the 'Size' settings that I had made in the Page Layout on my laptop.
    On my machine, Access 'knew' [because I had specified in Page Setup -> Size] that I was using a 2.25 / 7 " label - so the Preview AND the Print came out correctly.
    On the User machine - Access was using the default Size setting [it looked like a 2" / 2" to me - give or take 1/2 an inch].

I set the label report to acPreview and that's when I saw that in Preview mode on the User's machine - even though I can't open the report in design view - I WAS able to see the Size settings.

It looks like when you copy the front end [not an executable - just the front end accdb file - running on a non-MSAccess machine - using the Access runtime exe] - the Page Setup Size setting is not copied over with the file.

Every time I put a new copy of the front-end accdb file on the User's machine - I had to set the size for the label again.
    It doesn't 'stick'.
    I ended up putting a separate 'Print Preview' button on the Form so that when I update the accdb file - I can instruct the Users to do a Print Preview and change the Size setting before Printing. It only has to be done once each time a new version accdb is copied to the user machine.

I'm hoping there is a better way to do this - and I will post it if I find out.
    Or - if someone out there knows - I'd appreciate the information.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.