LNDSS is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Issue downloading the actual data from an Access database,

Everyone,

I am doing some volunteer work for a non-profit, and this is the issue:
    • they currently use a product called SimpleHR, http://www.simplehr.ca/product.html to manage their HR info
    • they are migrating from it to another tool
    • they want to download all the HR records from SimpleHR onto a flatfile, which they'd then upload to the new tool.
    Talking to the IT director for our church, the facts and the challenge is that:
    1. while an end-user does updates, etc. using a SimpleHR GUI front-end, all the data under the hood resides in an earlier version of Microsoft Access
    2. evidently, as soon as you end your session, via some special program code in SimpleHR, it just locks the database, and apparently the only people who can access this database may be the SimpleHR support team.
    3. However, as this group is retiring this product, they decided that they would prefer to not pay for consulting services like this,
    4. their plan B if they CAN'T get all this HR data onto a flatfile as above is to have a clerk literally rekey everything from SimpleHR onto their new tool
    My ASK:

I would appreciate it if you can help us figure out how to resolve this issue, e.g.:
    • how do you go into the specific Access Tables where these HR data is stored
    • do you need to override the security in this product to unlock the database, i.e. item 3 bullet above?
    Your help is much appreciated. Thanks.

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    According to their website "Easily export employee information to Microsoft Word or Excel. This functionality is great for customizing reports and importing information into other programs. Saves re-keying the data."

From Excel you can save as text or whatever.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.