Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    djclntn is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Trouble with Combo Box

In a Form I'm having some difficulty with using Combo Box. Within my Form I have a fld with the 'Sales Rep' (I have 6-Sales Rep) When I choose a 'Sales Rep' per one Record that same 'Sales Rep" appears in all of the rest of my Records. When I go to the next Record & change the 'Sales Rep' to a different sales rep now that 'Sales Rep' is in all of my Records.

Could anyone provide me some insight in using Combo Boxes & how I can rectify my dilemma?

Thanks

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Tell us more about the combobox and the form.
    What is the recordsource of the combo?
    What code do you have in what event of the combobox?

Do you really update with SalesRep, or is it the Id of the SalesRep?

Hey Orange!

Actually (a side story) I had a similar issue with inserting photo of each one of the sale' vehicles in each Form When I would insert one phot (jpg) in one Form they would appear in all of the other Forms which was NOT what I wanted. Anyhow, June helped me out of that jam by telling me to make the 'Photo' field in the Table as an Attachment & that worked.

Anyways, I'll sent you my dbs in mdb & you can take a look if you'll like. You want to look in the Vehicle Inventory
    Form. Presently I have the Sales Rep in a list box, butr I would like to know how to make ythe 'Sales Rep' be a
    Combo Box.

Thanks Orange....

I'm unableto save my dbs to an earlerversion due too features that I'm using whiich aren't available. Any suggestions

Orange,
    I managed to convert the 'Sales Rep' into a combo box. One question though, my Vehicles Inventory Form is a split form. Now on the top half (the Form) I was able to change the label of Sales Rep to 'Sales Rep." However, on the bottom half (the datasheet) the field (or Column) name is 'Combo 1400' any why I can change it back to 'Sales Rep'?

Windows XP Access 2003
    Split form was introduced in acc2007/ I have 2003. Hopefully someone else with 2007 or 2010 can help.

Shall I post another thread or...?

Windows XP Access 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by djclntn View Post
    Shall I post another thread or...?
    No I think it's the right thread/forum. You just need someone with experience with split form --

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I tested converting a textbox to combobox. The labels were unaffected.

I replicated the issue by 'disassociating' label from the box. When I reconnected label to box, labels in both sections showed same text.

Delete and paste label back onto form (ctl-x, ctl-v). Then before saving form you have opportunity to reassociate label.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

It worked June -- thanks a bunch! For my own perferences I see no other need to make any other field be a combo box due to lack of repeation; might you...?

I think that Orange & you really rock!!!!! No disrespect to Orange nor anybody else, but I wonder why they don't upgrade to the latest version of Access? Well, I guess that they have their reasons.

June7 is offline VIP
    If it ain't broke ...

I don't see any really big advantages from 2007 to 2010. I adjusted to 2007 rather easily but 2010 has some behavior that annoys me. I have used one enhancement in 2010 for a personal project but for work, I don't see need for employer to make the expense.

What do you mean by 'lack of repetition', might I what?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

June,

Don't mean to keep bugging you -- in this Report I have this field for sorting purposes only, but I don't want to see it in the Report. How can I hide or get around what I've described?

Windows XP Access 2003
    Create a query with the fields you need and the field for the sort. For the sort field do not mark it for display.
    Test the query to make sure all the fields and sort order are correct. Save the query, or use that query as the recordsource for the report.
    I don't have 2010, so the look and terminology may be a little different.

Good luck.

June7 is offline VIP
    I believe can leave it marked for display in the query, just don't bind a textbox to it.

Nevermind. I just shrunk sp-? the field in the Report where it's not visable -- it worked. BTW, in the Property Sheet, when I highlighted the... (I know that "field" is probably the wrong term refered to as in a Report so please excuse my ignorance) content/column... I change "Visability" from yes to no, but made no difference. I don't know what that does...?

June7 is offline VIP
    Setting textbox Visible property to No should make it not show on the form or report. However, I am not sure where you actually set 'Visibility'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.