grgold14 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

exporting access report to specific excel cells

I'm currently extracting data from Access forms into an excel file. The data contains multiple characteristic fields such as Name, Age, Address, etc. organized in a way that I would like to duplicate in excel. I know how to use the extracting tool which brings up all of the data (not just individual form data) into a giant table in excel. Currently, I am manually splitting up the data and creating separate sheets which then requires formatting to make it presentable in the format I want. I am wondering if I can set up an Access macro or function that will export the data in an object to specific cells on an excel sheet. Also, the forms include a picture of the person and I've been requested to include the picture in excel. Is there anyway to include a picture when exporting data from Access to Excel?

Any help would be great,

Thanks

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Yes, VBA code can write data to specific cells. Google: VBA export Access to Excel

Are these images in db as attachments? I don't think can export image. If images are actually saved outside the db and table has a path stored in table, can export the path string and define the cells in Excel as hyperlink.

Here is example of code where Excel pushes data to Access http://www.exceltip.com/st/Export_da...Excel/425.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.