Meichmann is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Issue with using a datasheet in a subform

Hi Everyone,
    I am having a problem with a web database form. I have a list of contacts and need to show the groups they belong to. Each contact can belong to multiple groups (the one to many relationship). In my form I show the listing of the contact. I would like to add a subform to this to show all the groups they belong to. I tried adding a datasheet, which works fine in development, but when I do the compatibility check, the subform control holding the datasheet kicks up an error. The only way to get rid of the error is to get rid of the datasheet.

When I go to the source control parameter of the subform to select the datasheet, it doesn't show up, but I can manually type it into that field. Only the forms show up. Now, Access shows me that the datasheet is not a web object (there is no globe icon on the datasheet in the shutter bar).

Are datasheets not available for Access Services? If not, how can I work around this? I read that I could by writing some VBA, but Access Services doesn't recognize VBA, only macros.

Any and all help would be aprreciated. I have attached the database in case anyone would like to look at it.

Thank you very much for helping!

Matt

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    If you just want to show the related groups, try a listbox. Will Access Services (first I've heard of) recognize listbox?

I looked at the database. I've never seen a web database. The world web icon showing on the objects is new to me. Can't open any of those in design view.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Meichmann is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Yeah, for a web database, design view is not available. Just form and layout view.

I did find out that for a web database, the lookups are reversed. In a regular access application, the relationships are one-to-many. In a web database it's setup as a many-to-one. I think that was the problem, as now the datasheet seems to be working as intended.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.