Nicc V is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Need Help about importing from Excel

Ok I have a Report of my employees that I receive every week on a excel worksheet of their weekly production, I've been asked by my boss if I could take that worksheet and import it into access. So I can run a report on it using the employees win #, last name, First name and so on. but on the report I receive it only contains only contains the employees win #, task date, batch count, Doc count, Page count, Total time, and their work step. So what I've tried to do is create a form using a datasheet and import the report but I can’t figure out is how to use my other table I’ve made with the employees win#, last name, and first name and combined them to my mane table. As you can tell I’m new to access but learning day by day as I work on it so if somebody gets what I’m saying can you please help me out.

Thanks
    Nicc V

dreday is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Hi Nicc, you need 2 tables and a query. The first one with the employee information and the second one with the weekly excel information. Make a query where the tables join on win#. You can run your reports off the query and have all the info you need available.

Nicc V is offline Novice
    Hey Dreday, by making these two table and the query is there a way to save it to the main table???

dreday is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Yes, if you need to save the data to a main table then change the query from a "Select" query to an "Append" query that will add all the new rows to the main table. The append query has this symbol: !+

Nicc V is offline Novice
    Dreday how would you chang the a query from a select query to an append query sorry like I said I'm new to this

Nicc V is offline Novice
    Dreday i found out the append but i cant join my win # because the feild are under memo do to that fact that they have letter and symbols in them is there another group i could put them under???

Nicc V is offline Novice
    Dreday, I just wanted to say thank you for your help and i got it to work and thanks to you all I needed was to be pointed the right way. once again thanks you and i hope you have a good day.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.