maverickark is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2000

fields in detail put one on top of other, but i need help

Ok i need a way to figure this out. The first report i made was no problem cause i just put them side by side, made borders and used rectangles to make it look like the form i have to write on at work. The second Report is killing me. I have the detail section like this

a box with [description] then [lot#] and directly under it them i have
    [Time in and Time Out] and [co quantity]
    what this does is list the product and then the different times it was used in a day so the time grows too in the detail. I have a description header and a lot header and i have hide duplicates for desciption because the way i do it by hand now at work is like that. If i put borders on all those it works excellent, but to make it look like the original form i try to add rectangles to make it look just like the one i use. the problem when i put any verticle lines next to these fields it starts putting a space between the times and it messes up everthing.

i need it to look like this and it does until i put the rest of the rectangles and stuff in or any vertical line
    Small CVP Liner 75130
    1:00-1:30 #5

1:30 - 2:00 #6
    and so on, but the form i hand write on at work is full of boxes all the way across and when i try to mimic that form i have to make it look like it starts putting spaces, but if i take away the vertical lines it is ok. I can send someone this database, and i am not great so dont laugh if you see it cause i just need it for work, but i have spent hours upon hours trying to figure this out. I have access 2000 which i know is out of date but could someone please help!!!!

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 2K Access 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by maverickark View Post
    <snip> I can send someone this database, and i am not great so dont laugh if you see it cause i just need it for work, but i have spent hours upon hours trying to figure this out. I have access 2000 which i know is out of date but could someone please help!!!!
    Some of us still use A2K and are happy with it. Post your MDB (without sensitive data) and we'll look at it.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.