newtoaccess123 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

updating existing report with new data in table

Hi everyone,

I'm new to access and new to posting here, but hoping someone can help. I've inherited an access database for a volunteer project, and I'm trying to learn how to generate reports containing about 20 fields of information from a single table. The good news is the report is already created and formatted exactly as I need it. The bad news is, this was a year ago and much of the information in the table it is drawn from needs to be changed. I'm planning to wipe out the existing data from the table and import the correct data into the existing fields from an excel spreadsheet, but I need the report to update accordingly. So, how do I do this? So far when I change anything in the existing table nothing changes in the report. Thanks!

pdebaets is offline Competent Performer
    Windows Vista Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    You need to find out which table(s) are used as the report record source. Open the report in design mode, press Alt-Enter to toggle the property sheet open/closed. When open, find the Record Source property. That is where the report data is coming from. If it is a table, that's where you will find the data. If it is a saved query, open the saved query in design mode to find out more about it. If it is an SQL statement ("Select ... From ..."), the table(s) used will be listed in the "From" clause.

newtoaccess123 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Thanks! I found it, and see that I was updating the wrong fields from the wrong table. Think I've got it working now. Thanks so much!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.