Azeez_Andaman is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Question SQL Database

Hi Masters

i have created a programme in access. Access table is used for the purpose. one of my friend advised me to keep the access for fore hand and sql in back hand to maintain database. i have no idea how to do this task. will any body help me in doing the task. if possible give me some sample database also.

thank u

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Why do you want to use SQL as a back end, unless your database is going to be HUGE and support many people there's no need to take it to SQL unless there are other considerations (security, etc). Access is capable of handling almost all small business requirements without needing to involve SQL.

Azeez_Andaman is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    i am working in a department. in my office a database is being created to collect information of the employees. hence the data can be increased to many thousands. since, i have some idea in access. i have been told to take care of the programme. but i am nil in SQL. hence, before suggesting any thing i need to make my self ready.

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    I wouldn't take it to SQL or MySQL until your database reaches some limitation of size. If you regularly compact/repair your Access database that shouldn't be for a long, long, long time. If at some point in the future Access does not fit the need it is extremely easy to convert data to SQL tables so the option will always be open.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.