townguy is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Search And Upate - Need Help, Office 2007

Greeting experts...

Greeting Experts,

Currenly i am developing a simple timesheet system.
    And have no idea how to create the below search and update function:

The purpose of the time sheet
    1) developer fillup own timesheet
    2) catch the developers who rewrite or does not remeber thier own time sheet.

Hence, project owner does not want display any autofillup and display prevoius information.

Attach the layout. It having radio button. "New" and "Add" option.
    When the user key in the timesheet date and choose "New" and click the submit button , the new record goes into the database into database as:

Created Date || TimeSheet Date || Project Code || Hours Spend || Tag Date -------------> original
    ....13/09/11..||.....13/09/11........||......ASK123.....||......8............ ..||...NULL

If the user key in timesheet date and choose "Add" and click submit button, than the function able to go thourht the databse find the old record and update the "Tag Date" as:

Created Date || TimeSheet Date || Project Code || Hours Spend || Tag Date -------------> original

....13/09/11..||.....13/09/11........||......ASK123.....||......8............ ..||...21/09/11

And at same time create new row of record as:
    Created Date || TimeSheet Date || Project Code || Hours Spend || Tag Date
    ...21/09/11..||.....13/09/11........||......ASK123.....||......8............ ..||...NULL
    Last edited by townguy; 09-14-2011 at 12:07 AM.

Is it possible to write a "Even Procure" for the New record which need to do the comparison and update the old matching record.

======================================
    If Me!TimeSheet Date = datasheet.timesheetdate
    than update Datasheet.TagDate as Date()

AND

update datasheet with new record.
    ======================================

so can put the code Onlclick of a button , Onclick of Timesheet filed in the form.

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    I don't understand your problem. Are you trying to update a particular field whenever the record is changed? Are you trying to find all records that have a null (blank) tag date? Are you trying to get your database to do something specific but don't know how?

I can't tell by what you've posted. If you simply want the TagDate to have the current date/time in it you can set the default value of the field to =now()

If you want to update the TagDate field every time a record is updated that's a different but not that hard problem to solve. You would just have to have the TagDate field on your data entry form update to today's date if the record has been changed.

I am trying to:

capture the modify date and store into the original record, and the same time capture the new record and insert into the table as new row.

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    You don't want to do that. You could conceivably end up with thousands of identical records with only the modified date/time changing.

I would just have a secondary table that had the unique key from the first table and the modified date/time. This is assuming you want to keep a record of every time a record was changed as opposed to just keeping track of the most recent change date/time.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.