marrone12 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Question Creating First Database

So I just started working at an advertising firm and I'm trying to reorganize their various excel files into an access database. This is my first time using access.

Basically what we track is the amount of money we put in our advertising channels, and the subscriptions we get via each channel. Multiple channels are, at times, owned by one partner (e.g Google is a partner, the channels are desktop, mobile, search, display etc).

What I've done so far is to create four tables: a list of partners, a channel list, and then spend and subscriber tables. The latter two have columns for channel, date, and spend/subs.

What I'd like to do is be able to query via partner or channel the amount spent and the number of subscriptions during time periods. How should I set up the relationships to adequately do this?

Also does anyone know any reference books that would help me?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Any introductory Access tutorial book should get you started. Also, reference the 'sticky' thread tutorials here http://forums.aspfree.com/microsoft-access-help-18/

Each partner can have multiple channels. Does each channel have only one partner? Need a field in channel table as foreign key to the primary key of partner table. Each channel will have multiple subscribers and each subscriber can have multiple channels? This is a many-to-many relationship, will need a junction table to associate the records.
    tblSubsChann
    SubID (foreign key)
    ChannID (foreign key)
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.