DanKoz is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Print Preview Command Button Locks Access

I have a Print Preview command button on a Report. When I press the button the report is taken into Print Preview mode, but Access then locks up.

I cannot perform any actions in Access unless I first click on another active program in the task bar at the bottom of Windows and then click back to Access. Then everything works fine.

I've tried this on several forms with the same problem. I even closed and restarted Access, but still the same problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dan

tdecker81 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Output to PDF to get a preview instead?

DanKoz is offline Novice
    Thanks. That is an option to consider.

For the time being I simply changed the function of the command button to instead open the print dialog box. I've checked the print preview of each of the forms and they look good as designed so the print preview may not offer any real benefit.

rondeondon is offline Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by DanKoz View Post
    I have a Print Preview command button on a Report. When I press the button the report is taken into Print Preview mode, but Access then locks up.

I cannot perform any actions in Access unless I first click on another active program in the task bar at the bottom of Windows and then click back to Access. Then everything works fine.

I've tried this on several forms with the same problem. I even closed and restarted Access, but still the same problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dan
    Reply to an old topic for anyone else who has this issue.

I had the same thing happen, I found that if I put in a message box after the command to switch to preview that there was no problem. It's a little clunky but it's better than working around further away.
    I'm working in Access 2010 so it's not been fixed for that version, I haven't tried it in 2013.

My reason for doing this is that I have a report that has details that I want to be able to hide or show so I have a button to switch details on or off. I also want to export the report to Excel. the export to excel doesn't pick up all of the calculated headings correctly from report view but does it right from a preview.

Ron

HeadBanger is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    DanKoz, were you able to figure out the glitch of the Command Button to Print Preview on a Report in MS Access? I am experiencing the very same problem and searching for a solution. Thank you in advance ...

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    One cause of this is when there is no printer installed on the computer
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

HeadBanger is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I really appreciate your response, but I have a printer installed and that's not the problem.

If I toggle to another application such as Word, then toggle back it works normally - if I execute the command from a Form to open the same Report, it works normally. Seems to only happen from the Command Button located on the Report I want to Preview.

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I clicked "post" before writing my full reply.
    The other related issue is where a report is assigned to a specific printer that is no longer installed.

If that's not the case either, then suggest you upload your database so someone else can try loading that report.
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.