Wayne311 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Problems with network rights and Access

Hello,

I am developing an application that will be used on a network with Windows XP as the OS. We will be upgrading to Windows 7 soon. I am having issues with the network security. I get the warning for a non trusted location and a major part of the application uses Word merge documents which don’t work on the network.
    If I logon to the local PC with Administrator rights the program works fine. If I logon on to the local machine with “Power User” rights – it fails. I have given myself Administrator rights while logged on to the network – fails. I have removed runtime as a factor but it doesn’t matter. I have tried everything I can think of with Trusted Documents – it doesn’t matter. Nothing I have tried with Trusted Documents seems to fix the problem.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks

Wayne

TheShabz is offline Court Jester
    Windows XP Access 2003
    If it is on a network, I assume this will be a multi-user environment. Further, if that's the case, then this is a split database. What you would do is go in the trust center, and white-list both the location of the backend and frontend files. If there are files in other locations that the db will be accessing, that location has to be white-listed as well. basically, white-list everything. That should take care of the issue.

The trust center is one of the worst "features" MS has implemented in Office. It's a huge pain in the ass.

Wayne311 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Thanks for the reply.

I have had no luck with anything using trusted locations. I doesn't work at all as a network user. Does it work as "Admin"?

TheShabz is offline Court Jester
    Windows XP Access 2003
    you dont need admin rights on the computer to change the settings. If white-listing doesn't work, I'm not sure what the issue is.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.