lwats is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Help With Access

I need some help with access. We currently have a front end linked to a back end that is stored on our in house server. In an effort to become more mobile we would like to be able to access this back end from anywhere. We tried setting this up through dropbox, having the front and back end on it, but that didn't work! We are now looking to do this through SQL, but are having difficulty setting this up. We are by no means experts in this field! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Check into SharePoint or Asp.net. I have not used either, just from reading about, might be suited to your situation.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

TheShabz is offline Court Jester
    Windows XP Access 2003
    An alternative would be to see if you have VPN access to any network drive. If so, you can split your Access db, put the backend on the network drive and a copy of each frontend onto the user machines. VPN in and you'll be good to go.

chaim1989 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    i have done it with mysql server you can buy host for very cheap and use odbc linked table (and if its needed you can use mysql views and pass through querys)

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.