netchie is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

Field Sorting on Reports

Hi,

I have two issues:

1. On my report, I only want to show data that has "Positive" with it. Can you please let me know where and how I can do this?

2. I am having extra/blank pages on the report. Only the odd pages have data and for some reason even pages are empty.

Thanks,
    netchie

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    1. Filter the data source report is bound to. Several ways to accomplish this. You can put this criteria into a query that is the RecordSource for report. You can pass this filter value to report by parameter reference to box on a form where user enters this value. You can use the WHERE argument of DoCmd.OpenReport to filter the report's RecordSource.

2. Blank pages may be because report formatted larger than paper area.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Hi June7,

I am honestly new to Access, I don't know what you just said for my Issue#1 . Is it ok to give m ethe step-by-step on this? What I have is rptSystemSort. One of the fields name on the report is Status. When i print the report, the status shows everything. should I change the report in Design View and double click the Status field? Where should I go after that? What command should I put?

June7 is online now VIP
    You need to filter the report's RecordSource to include only records with a Positive value. A report's RecordSource can be a saved Access query or an SQL statement. What is in the RecordSource property of your form?

Access Help has guildelines on how to create a filtered report. Also, here is a tutorial for starters http://www.blueclaw-db.com/accessque...ter_report.htm
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Hi June 7,

Thanks for the link. Still alien explanation to me but I appreciate your time giving the link. I guess it's true that Access is not my thing since I'm a newbie

Thanks,
    netchie

June7 is online now VIP
    You need to get basic concepts understood before we can help you much. A user forum is not the place to try learning basics. Building a filtered report in Access is elementary functionality. I am not going to even try to outline step-by-step instructions for basics when there are already plenty of resources available. You should study a basics tutorial book and explore some project templates (Microsoft has a whole library of projects).

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.