Hi,
    This is an example of my report

Heading = Name Amount
    Detail = AA 10
    Detail = AA 20
    Group = 30

Detail = BB 25
    Group = 25

The group is on Name and the subtotal is on Amount.

I would like to bold the detail for Amount only before the Group record. So for Name AA Detail Amount 20 is bolded. For Name BB detail amount 25 is bolded

I think I need VBA code to do this. I don't think conditional formatting will work. Please let me know your thoughts.

Accessles

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I think you should try conditional formatting.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

AccessLes is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    Thank you for the response. However I don't know how to put a condition into the conditional response. Please show me how to accomplish this. Once I test it, I can mark the thread as Solved.

June7 is online now VIP
    Access Help has guidelines on conditional formatting. Have you reviewed the step-by-step instructions and attempted? What is it you are specifically not understanding?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 7 Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Access Help has guidelines on conditional formatting. Have you reviewed the step-by-step instructions and attempted? What is it you are specifically not understanding?
    What I don't understand is how to bold the last record before the total for the group. If you look at the example it should help.

I am using the forum to get help with my problem. I don't believe I am getting help with the responses I see. So please help me with my original request.

June7 is online now VIP
    What is the criteria? Because it is the last record or because it is 20? Why would you bold just because it is last record? Don't think will be simple.

Why not just a separator line?

Windows 7 Access 2007
    The criteria is the whenever the Name changes - the Amount on the last line for the Name needs to be bold. This is per my client's needs. I figured out an alternative. I put a field in the same table with another field tbl_bold. I used the conditional format for that field to turn on bold if that field is true. It works great.

Thanks for all you help

June7 is online now VIP
    So that is a Yes/No field? Won't that status change as records are added and burden the user with maintenance of this value? Are you able to automate populating/updating this value?

Windows 7 Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    So that is a Yes/No field? Won't that status change as records are added and burden the user with maintenance of this value? Are you able to automate populating/updating this value?
    I am populating this field in vba. I am able to create the table with all the fields and then run a simple report. Hope that answers your question.

June7 is online now VIP
    Glad you found a solution to accommodate the client, no matter how bizarre the requirement. Clients - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.