sai_rlaf is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Creating a review system that can be queried later

I am having trouble thinking of an effective way to design this (i'm an amateur) particular system, so I am looking for some ideas and/or direction.

I have a database of high risk customers that have been identified, who will be subject to a monthly review.

So i will customers that are being periodiclly being subject to review as new high risk customers are identified and also client will no longer be subject for review because either they close their accounts or it is determined they are no longer high risk.

This database will be used to conduct a monthly review of these high risk customers. For review purposes, it needs to work in such a way that a manager can go back and pull reports pertaining who was subject to a review during a particular timeframe and determine if all necessary reviews were conducted and if it was accurate etc.

I can create everything, it is more of needing help thinking out the design, if I need to have multiple tables, how to link, etc.

Any thoughts?

jzwp11 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Initially, I would think that you would only need a few tables (based on what you described).

A table to hold the customer information (name, address etc.)

tblCustomer
    -pkCustomerID primary key, autonumber
    -txtFName
    -txtLName

Then a table to hold the reviews related to each customer

tblCustomerReviews
    -pkCustReviewID primary key, autonumber
    -fkCustomerID foreign key to tblCustomer (long number integer field) forms the join between the customer and their reviews
    -dteReview (date the review was conducted)
    -fkRiskLevelID foreign key to tblRiskLevels (long number integer field)

You would use the Risk level field to assign the risk based on the outcome of the review done on the specific date.

tblRiskLevels (holds maybe 3 records: low risk, medium risk, high risk)
    -pkRiskLevelID primary key autonumber
    -txtRiskLevel

For review purposes, it needs to work in such a way that a manager can go back and pull reports pertaining who was subject to a review during a particular timeframe and determine if all necessary reviews were conducted and if it was accurate etc.
    This info can be pulled from the above table structure with the use of queries.

I assume that you will also be tracking accounts owned by the customer; that should be done in a separate but related table. Out of curiosity, does the risk have anything to do with the type of the account? Are the risk levels different for each account type? If there is some relationship between risk and account, then the table structure I presented above is not appropriate.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.