iamstupid is offline Novice
    Windows 2K Access 2003

Access to Excel (2003 version) VBA coding help

Hi guys, I can’t seem to find any resources online regarding my problem. In fact, I don’t even know how to start! Basically:
    - An investor can choose to acquire a maximum of 8 stocks for his/her portfolio
    - So for example, investor1 just chooses stock1, stock2 & stock3
    - The problem here is how to export these 3 stocks into the 8 fields as given in excel(I have to follow the excel template) . I cant just simply use “.cells(… , …)” as it needs to be in order eg cell 1 = stock1 , cell 2 = stock2, cell3= stock 3 , the rest of the 5 cells is left empty
    - So how do I sort of like “count” from access and export these data to fill in the excel cells accordingly based on the investorID (as different investors can purchase different no. of stocks)
    I hope this is possible to do so as it seems rather complex… I sincerely hope you guys can help me out here and I thank you all in advance for any advice

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I don't fully follow your post; Access exports to excel generically very simply as you probably know..........but depending on how I interpret your post - if your excel sheet has a fixed layout and you want Access data to populate specific cells; then with this approach one uses an Access query to gather the correct data. that's the extent of Access' role. One uses the excel feature of linking to an outside data source to link to the Access query - - on which you will get better assistance from excel experts on this.

not sure this helps....maybe....

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.