Barcode scanner and inventory management, how to scan & search for entry?

Hello,
    I am new to MS Access. I would like to know is it possible to do the following?

I have an inventory list of many items with bar code numbers in Excel file. I imported that into Access. So.. is it possible to do this: As soon as I scan a bar code on an equipment, it will look through the database to see whether it exist or not? If it does not exist it will tell you. (And it will be even better if it will have an option that lets you mark that the item is there).

Is there any tutorial on this sort of inventory management? I tried to search but I didn't get any result that meets what I want. Please advice, thanks in advance.

P.S. Once again, I am new to MS Access. I would love to have some guides on what I am supposed to be looking into if I want to learn more about this sort of database management. Though this case is urgent, so I would love possible solutions. Thank you again.

Hello Lin,

I have used Scanners applications in the past. The secret was creating a form from a query that allows you to input the scan. Then the query can lookup the input or store to a table. Using Barcode scanners is a great way to enter data as long as you have the items barcoded.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.