AccessFreak is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Microsoft Access 2007 - 2010 Compatibility

Hi there

Is it possible to create a database in Access2010 and then once it is created - give it to a client who is running MsAccess 2007 ?

Perhaps it can be converted to an .exe file? Is this possible?

I don't want to use the Access2010 runtime as it disables a lot of features?

Thank you

AccessFreak

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    aren't '10 files the same ext's as the '07 files? the only difference, if I remember right, is that the name of the engine changed from JET to ACE. And maybe an upgrade or something.

I still have issues with corruption going from 7 to 10 which I STILL can't find any documentation on, but from what I've heard from others here, the 07 file will become immediately corrupted when opened in 07, if you include features in the db that are only available in the '10 version.

AccessFreak is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    oh ok. Thank you for that :-)

another quick thing...I have created a crosstab query, in which I would like the user to be prompted for data (ie a "date" or "date" range) - this seems to be working ok, however, it is prompting twice for the date???? I have read about this online, and all I could find is that 1. the parameter in the parameter window must be the same as the "criteria" in the query. (this is so) 2. No sorting or "order by" options must be selected in the datasheet view - I have made sure that all of this is as I read, but still - it is prompting me twice for this date? Please help

thank you kindly

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    whats the statement?

I don't think I've ever used a parameter in a cross tab, at least not for financials.

are you sure it's giving the 'exact' same parameter? It could be giving one because there is one specified by you, and other because there is an unrecognizable field name in the sql. Also a possibility to be the same field for both instances, but not sure. Have you check the params list in the dialog to make sure that only one is listed?

also, don't you know better not to ask this of me when you intend to start it a new anyway? https://www.accessforums.net/queries...ata-10315.html

don't do that. and since we're on the same page, I'll duplicate this post over there as well, to follow your example.

NTC is offline VIP
    my 2 cents is that backward compatible is dicey. you gotta be sure you didn't use any 'new' features that will be unknown to the 'old' version. but if not - it should work. knock on wood. I worry in that 10 introduces table data triggers which potentially is unknowable by 07 and even if you don't use that feature, you can't avoid having a table - and does that feature set freak out 07 - don't know. would be interested in what you find out. I have all the versions but haven't tried it.

As to your double prompt; not sure why and would prefer to solve it upfront - - but if you can't one solution would be to use a form to hold/prompt for the data and have the query call the form control. that way the double prompt will be satisfied by the form rather than by the user. bit of a fudge but hey....

happy 2011

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.