Cojack is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2007

Subform visible issue (not visible Design view/ visible Dataview)

Dear Access friends.

I've got strange issue. I created a form with a subform.
    Subform is based on a query with a datafield of the form.
    When openingen the form in design mode the subform will be empty I see only the name of de subform and not the actually form it self.
    When opening the form in dataview mode the subform is visible with no data in it.

This works great for me, because when I open the form it will be empty.
    I enter the field of the qeury and with after update trigger the subform will be filled.!!

BUT THEN.........

I created a copy of my entire database.
    And unfortunately when I open my form in this database a popup does appear that I need to enter the field of the form so that the subforms can be loaded.
    Unable to open the form empty again, without filling in the field of the subform query.

When I open this form in design mode the actually subform is visible.
    If I rightclick on the subform and hit the button open in next pane.
    The subform is visible in next the pane, but no longer visible in form, this is empty now. And this is the case in the first database all the time.

Can someone explain me what's going on.
    HELP, please !!

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    ok well - I don't completely follow your post - but - I will throw in that a subform only will work when the form is in Single Form property mode. You can't have a subform when in Continuous Form mode.....and as you mention dataview mode perhaps this is relevant.

also a subform will appear blank, without controls, if there are no records in the underlying record set....and the property not set for 'Date Entry' = yes.

these are 2 fundamental aspects I think you are wrestling with...and I think if you just work within the framework of these 2 parameters you will get going in the right direction.

Hope this helps.

Cojack is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by NTC View Post
    ok well - I don't completely follow your post - but - I will throw in that a subform only will work when the form is in Single Form property mode. You can't have a subform when in Continuous Form mode.....and as you mention dataview mode perhaps this is relevant.

also a subform will appear blank, without controls, if there are no records in the underlying record set....and the property not set for 'Date Entry' = yes.

these are 2 fundamental aspects I think you are wrestling with...and I think if you just work within the framework of these 2 parameters you will get going in the right direction.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for trying.
    Unfortunately this is not the problem. In both databases these settings of the Form are the same.

I' ve got a problem in one of the databases but I don't why and how.

But is this the case. I've got a Single form, with no Record Source. Only "unbound fields". In this form I've got a subform which is bassed on a query with a unboundfieldname of my form in the query criteria. So I would like to open the form blanc. Show me the subform with no data. Enter the unboundfieldname and with a update after macro, the records in the subform will popup.

When I open the form now. a popup appears that I need to enter the citeria field of the subquery. I tried to solve this with a set value on open form, but that didn't solved my problem aswell.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.