todayLL is offline Novice
    Windows 2K Access 2003

Arrow How to carry a unique number across multiple forms to show specific data

*Please help*

I am new to Forms in Access, version 2003 and need help on how to link the data on multiple forms.

#1)I have created a switchboard with a button that calls a new record form, at this point a unique number is generated for this record in a table; I then need to move from that first form to a second new form saving that unique number in 1 of the second tables fields.

#2)The intention is that on the switchboard a second button will allow you to choose an existing record (all with unique ids), by selecting an existing record from the drop down list it will then move on to the next form containing the data for that unique record.
    This would need to happen for multiple forms

For example, I have multiple tables "Name", "Address", "Background"
    One button on the switchboard will create a new record in "Name" table. Then a button on the name table will move on to the "Address" table so the user can enter data for this unique record in "Name" table...and so on.

A second button on the switchboard will show and open existing unique "Name" records. The user can select an option and then the next form to open should contain data for that unique "Name" record.

Thank you
    Last edited by todayLL; 01-04-2011 at 11:13 AM. Reason: many views and no response

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.